Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Memories of Me and Love from Family

I was opening act for the Tom Joyner Comedy Revue back in the day (Thanks to Stan Branson )

My brother came to Jackson, MS from TN to support me. We got to meet Jay Anthony Brown backstage.

Funny, Jethro H. Anderson road tripped it to Little Rock, Arkansas to see me open for Patti LaBelle ( Thanks to Arden Barnett ) and Jacqueline Anderson road tripped it to Mississippi to see me open for Brian McKnight ( Thanks to Arden again)

Uh... Arve Anderson you got to catch up... lol.

Seriously though, Arve was stationed at Fort Belvoir on this day 20 years ago. He got the call saying, " Your sister was in that bus that went into that river near Stony Creek, Virginia"

The Army let him hit the road to come see about me. My baby brother held me while I cried, while I tried to process why Adisa had to die.

Jethro, at the time, was expecting his first born son with his wife Jamiletta Chestnut Anderson. They called me 2 weeks later, wanting to have a name with some meaning for that new baby.

I missed the call, but they remembered my pain, they wanted a name that started with the letter J.

I called Nikki Skies and she said  what about 'Jelani'?

I called my brother back he said, "You too late, she named him Jamir, but his middle name is Adisa, after your friend that died. Jamir Anderson middle name Adisa!

**crying**

All this to say, I am so grateful to God, Our Parents, our Ancestors, the community we grew up in and so much more because my siblings take care of me in the good times and the bad.

When I achieve, WE achieve.

When I get this degree, THIS IS OUR PHD!

YES, Jerene, I am looking for a JOB!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment